Saturday, September 15, 2012

Is it time, yet?

Ok, truth time sistafriends! My man comes home in six weeks, count 'em, SIX! Yes , the end of the road is close! Praise the Good Lord! AMEN and Hallelujah! I am now on a MAJOR campaign to lose fifteen to twenty pounds in that amount of time! I feel like this is attainable......if I get out of my own way.
I hate to excercise- I mean I would rather live in a tent in the middle of winter- than exercise. However, this I know is a must! So my question is how to motivate myself and stay that way. I have a horrible talent of doing something well for about two months, only to decide that whatever new gravy train I'm on is trying. I don't like it and then I give up.
This is no longer an option. It is time.....time to love myself. Time to love my kids. Time to show Jesus that He is so much better than the piece of cake that I am eating.
It is time to learn. Learn how to cook well. Learn how to eat truly healthy. Learn to love my kids in a wholesome way. Learn to teach my kids well. Learn that my life is not my own. Learn that my Jesus is what I need.
So as I trek through crappy days, tears of joy, tears of shame, tears of frustration......I invite you in. To prove that you are not alone. To prove I CAN do this.  To prove YOU CAN do this. We just have to start, no matter how small.
So this week is exercise week for me! What week is it for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment